Monday, May 21, 2012

Clean Eating and Planning

So last week when I realised there were only 8 weeks until we went away I realised that I was going to have to do something drastic to seriously lose some weight.

I decided that clean(er) eating and planning was the way to go; and sticking to my plan. It means that rather than tracking my calories as I go I would plan my next days meals. 

This is what I came up with:

Foods Calories
Breakfast
the Collective Great Dairy - Passion Fruit Gourmet Probiotic Yoghurt, 125 g 136
Kelloggs - Special K - Forest Berries (440g), 40g (1 metric cup) 151
Woolworths Homebrand - Lite Milk, 187.5 ml 86
Nespresso - Lungo, 1 cup 3
Metamucil - Orange Fiber Laxative / Fiber Supplement, 1 Tbsp. (12g) 42
Floradix - Floravital Liquid Iron and Vitamin Formula, 10 ml 7


Lunch
Tegal - Shredded Chicken Classic Roast, 100 g 128
Great Value - Broccoli, 1 cup 30
Brussels sprouts x 10 80


Dinner
Chicken Breast 170g 140
Great Value - Broccoli, 1 cup 30
Brussels sprouts x 10 44


Snacks
the Collective Great Dairy - Passion Fruit Gourmet Probiotic Yoghurt, 125 g 136
Bells Produce Kaitaia, Nz - Satsuma Mandarin, 2 fruit 70
Meal Replacement Vanilla (3 level scoops) 128
Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat, 1 cup 122
TOTAL: 1333

It also means that if we do not get to the gym in the morning then I have to go in the evenings. The only way this is going to work is if I am eating less calories, eating more protein and exercising to burn fat.

Last night I also made some amazing Chicken Meatloaf Muffins. Do not let the word 'muffin' put you off.

The recipe is from Jamie Eason from Body Building.com. Her original recipe and video can be found here


This is what I made.

Cbicken Meatloaf Muffins
Calories:132
Fats: 3 grams
Carbs: 7 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Makes: 12 Muffins
 
Ingredients:
  • 2 ground chicken (or turkey)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
  • 2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tsp cayenne pepper (Jamie used Chipolte Pepper Spice)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 4 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
  • 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 180C degrees.  Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball. Bake for 40-45 minutes.

My thoughts:
To reduce the calories you could just have egg whites and perhaps substitute the cooking oats for coconut flour or something. 

I would have added slightly more salt and only added one teaspoon of Cayenne pepper. To be honest, I think you could probably go more cumin, thyme and mustard!

No comments:

Post a Comment