Thursday, March 2, 2017

Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls




The other day Mark and I were watching the news. There was a story about how the facilities that service the Tongariro National Park are struggling with the sheer volume of visitors. What it boils down to is that there are simply not enough toilets and amenities to adequately cope.

Mark turned to me and said “tramping and hiking would be quite a good way to get fit”. I said “yes, it would” and we left the conversation there.

Yesterday, I had a meeting with one of my clients and he was talking about how he and his wife have been doing a lot of hikes and were planning to do some of the Waitakere hikes to see the local waterfalls.

That got me thinking about how amazing it would be for Mark and I to seriously start doing some local hikes in the Waitakere Ranges. We are absolutely spoiled for choice in our area with beautiful beaches and fantastic walks. I found this great website about New Zealand Waterfalls and you can look at different waterfalls nationally.

We are going to start with some smaller ones and build up to bigger ones. I am pretty excited and I hope that as we get fitter and stronger that my dream of hiking the Milford Track will come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment