Saturday, March 11, 2017

When a Selfie No Longer Cuts It



Last year when our small company was acquired by a massive multinational company I realized that selfies with an Instagram or Snapchat filter were not going to 'cut' as a profile picture across my social media accounts. Even though my Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Blogger and LinkedIn are for personal use, I thought it best to have the same photo across all platforms. The only one that I use as a mostly business related account is LinkedIn.

So I asked my friend from Available Light to take some profile shots. The great thing was that because we are friends a felt a lot more relaxed and being able to have my photos taken at a local park was fantastic. I wanted some both professional, yet still relaxed.

I honestly think that there does come a time when you need to think about how you present yourself to the world and to try and get some consistency. Also, I expect that a more professional photo is more realistic than a selfie taken with the beautiful filter applied from Snapchat?

Do not get me wrong, I am a strong advocate for selfies. It is just that I think there is a time and a place for them.

So here we go, here is the professional profile picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment