Thursday, March 23, 2017

English Language



While I am not the best person at using proper English Grammar, I believe that I am still better than some people.

The two things that drive me fucking crazy are misspelling words by using a different letter as a substitute i.e. Rulez instead of Rules! Also, shortening words so much that you cannot decipher what they are or mean.

However, the one thing that makes me want to smash my head into a brick wall is the use of the word guttered or guttering to describe something.

“I was guttered that I could not go to Adele” or “it was guttering that I could not go to Adele”.

Seriously people, wake the fuck up.

Guttering is along the edge of your roof. Guttered apparently is a word and it means ‘very drunk’. So, neither word should be used to describe how upset you are about not being able to do something.

Please use words properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment