Monday, March 12, 2012

2012 Project 52 – Week 10

4th – 10th March

This week was always going to be rough as it has been a year since the wedding (not ours). I have found myself teary the whole week.

Mark and I distracted ourselves somewhat by embarking on a cleaning mission on Saturday morning. I did the inside of the house while Mark focussed on outside.

There is still more that I need to do, but I am going to break it up each night this week. This includes cleaning the fridge/freezer, cleaning the windows and the window sills, finally sorting out the study and cleaning the shower. Then doing another vacuum and mop on Thursday. Can you tell that we have people coming to stay this weekend?

Mark did an amazing amount outside including mowing the lawns and pulling the bulk of our summer garden out so that we can plant our winter garden in the next few weeks. This is a huge milestone as we have NEVER managed to get our A into G to get a winter garden in. Fingers crossed.

The sad thing was pulling the sunflowers out; they had pretty much finished flowering.

My favourite thing after cleaning is having a shower and relaxing. We had pancakes for lunch as well which were amazing!

We also managed to watch 3 movies:
The Taking of Pelham 123 – so average
Law Abiding Citizen – pretty graphic and horrendous, and predictable/average
13th Warrior – I have watched this so many times and I love it. I cannot explain why, but it is a definite favourite. The ironic thing is that I had been thinking about it and then it came on Sky. Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. We're at the other end of the scale in that we have been married 23 1/2 years - yet in the past two weeks, we have heard of at least 3 20+ year old marriages biting the dust. Hubby and I have found it so sad and been really rocked ourselves by the whole thing. It truly is horrible watching your friends go through such pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 23 1/2 years. That's so awesome. Yes, it must be so sad when you see 20+ year marriages break up. :( It's horrible because you really can't do anything but be there for them.

    ReplyDelete