Monday, March 19, 2012

Round the Bays etc.


Okay, so last week was a bit of a write-off in terms of exercise. Food was marginally better but still not 100% there.

I still managed to exercise 4 out of 7 days but I definitely was a bit slack. Mind you I wonder if walking around the zoo for 4-5 hours kind of counts?

For the first time in my life I did Round the Bays in an hour and 37 minutes; which is better than I thought I would do. If I compare this to the Sculpt 6K in November 2011 then I think I am definitely fitter. I did the Sculpt in an hour and 15 minutes. So to do 8.4km for RTB’s in the time above is good. We probably walked about 10-11km yesterday as we parked by Stanley street and also had to walk back to catch a bus along Tamaki Drive.

Mark did it with me and he was amazing and so supportive. I was a bit grumpy and moaned as I HATE people in my personal space and with 70,000 people either running or walking I knew that it was going to be hard work. I was blown away by all the different people doing RTB; all ages, sizes, nationalities etc. Very cool!

I felt shattered yesterday and spent a lot of time in the afternoon on our bed just resting. I suppose this shows that I should have done more walking beforehand. I could not manage more than 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer at the gym this morning; my legs were tired!

I have 10km walk (The Dual) this Saturday on Motutapu Island and I am freaking out a little. It is not all flat…actually perhaps none of it is flat. I am also doing it on my own so it means that I can just listen to music and walk. 10km hill profile... *cries*  (source: http://www.thedual.co.nz/pdfs/maps/DUAL_10km_course_profile.pdf)

No comments:

Post a Comment