Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Summer is coming…

I have been meaning to write a quick blog about the change of seasons since I read this lovely “autumn” blog  from Jessica (‘How Sweet it is’). Jessica’s was the first of many blogs that I have read about the Northern Hemisphere change of seasons from summer into fall. I did not realise just how many American blogs I read until most of them started talking about fall “colours” and recipes with pumpkin!

I adore spring. I think it is something to do with new life and renewal. I also love the smell of fresh flowers especially freesias; ours had started popping up in August. It also means that we are well on the way to summer; long days, hot nights and beach days.

This year I have decided to just enjoy summer (despite the humidity that is characteristic of Auckland) and in preparation for a lovely long, hot summer I have decided to take 4 weeks holiday. This means spending more time with family and lots of time at the beach. I am craving the holidays that I had in my teens and am determined to make the most of it.

This morning I read Jenna’s blog and I got really excited about summer. For me, her blog sums up the easy-going summers of my past.

So I am going to LOVE summer because it means:
Golden sand
Sparkling ocean and white surf
The smell of strawberries in the sun; actually all berries and stone fruit
BBQ’s
Icy vodka and soda with a twist
Healthy doses of vitamin D
No shoes
Zucchini and tomatoes from our garden
Basil
Swimming
Long walks
Music on my iPod
Relaxing with family and spending time with my nephew and nieces
Playing on the back lawn with our cats
Sunflowers
Picnics
Sweetcorn

What are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment