Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

I did make it to the gym twice to do an hour on the Cross-trainer which was really good. Even my calves hurt the next day. Not as much exercise as I would have liked, but better than nothing.

I have agreed to ride Taupo on the 24th November, 2012 with Liz and Pauline. Apparently, with focussed training it is definitely achievable. It is 160km of pure hell and I am a little freaked out. I have told the girls that there will definitely be some tears along the way but Pauline said to me this morning that there will also be loads of laughs too. We also want to raise money for a charity so will be setting up a fundraising page ASAP. Can we please have pink t-shirts????

The reason I am nervous is that I have never biked more than 30km in one go and I expect that a bit of that 30km was me walking and feeling sorry for myself. So I will start with a 10km ride this weekend and see how I go.

Both Liz and Pauline have explained that the use of your gears while riding is really important, so Pauline is going to show me how to use my gears.

I have redone my training schedule to start from Monday 8th April and to incorporate a mid-week ride and a longer weekend ride. I probably need to add some RPM into the mix as well.

I also signed up for the Run Auckland series starting on the 15th April and I have put myself down for 10km for each of the 6 events. It cost a bit; but that is motivation not to waste the money right??

Goals for this week:
Stick to my training schedule
Track all my food on MyFitnessPal
Get an RPM class in at the gym
Try alternatives to sugar i.e. frozen banana with nut butter and other fruit etc.

1 comment:

  1. How am I tracking against my goals.
    Tracking all my food (tick)
    I haven't exercised since Tuesday night. :(

    ReplyDelete