Monday, February 13, 2012

2012 Project 52 - Week 6

5th – 11th February

We went to Wellington over the weekend (10th-12th).

I love Wellington and whenever we are there I try and convince Mark to move back. After a few Pinot Noir’s on Saturday I even suggested to Mark and our friends that we could buy the house we are in now and move down to Wellington for a few years. They loved that idea.

However, I realised as we landed in a rainy, cold Auckland that I do love where we live. I am not ashamed to say that I am proud to be an Aucklander. I grew up in a home surrounded by beautiful native bush and birds and the west coast beaches are my utter happy place. 

So instead we have committed to travelling to Wellington more regularly to see our friends and family.

It was a shorter trip than normal however we still managed to catch up with a lot of friends and family. It is always a bit of a balancing act to make sure that we catch up with Mark’s friends, my friends and family. I think what helped was that as soon as I booked our tickets I text a couple of friends and Mark’s brothers to let them know when we were coming down. We were also catching up with quite a few of Mark’s school friends at a 40th birthday on the Saturday night. Mark then played golf with some of his friends on Sunday morning which was great.

I got to see Lou, Cormac and Niamh on the Saturday which was really awesome. I am constantly amazed at just how fast babies grow into toddlers. Niamh is an absolute doll and she is so happy and smiley. I just want to cuddle her all the time.

On Sunday while Mark was golfing I went to see another friend and have cuddles with her gorgeous “petting zoo” of two cats, 3 dogs and a rabbit. We had a fabulous catch up and snacked on beautiful fresh fruit. I had loads of cuddles with her dogs and cats.

The ironic thing is, is that most of my friends in Wellington are people I have met and formed friendships with via Twitter. 

P.S. the Nada Bakery in Johnsonville is the best place EVER!

2 comments:

  1. We find that when we travel back home to Sydney, we are dragged all over the show trying to visit all of the different friends and family. At least Wellington is closer and cheaper so that you can visit more frequently :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's crazy really. Mark's baby sister lives in Melbourne I know he wants to see her more...even if it's just for a weekend.

    ReplyDelete