Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Movies




We seem to go through phases of movie watching where we will watch heaps and then no movies for months.

In the last month (or so) I have watched a few of the ‘Fast and Furious’ movies, ‘The Avengers’ and also re-watched ‘Pitch Perfect’ with my best friend.

I absolutely loved ‘Pitch Perfect’ and I was so excited about going to see the sequel. I decided that it would be a nice thing to do with Mark, mum and Raewyn on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Honestly, it is the most organised I have been with getting tickets the day before (just in case it was sold out) and I re-watched the trailer a lot.

After the movie I realised that I was disappointed by it. It just did not quite live up to my expectations. The story-lines were all over the place, and some funny bits from the trailer did not make the final cut. I also found the racist comments over the top and unnecessary.

The one person that really shone for me was Rebel Wilson who never fails to deliver with her humour. I also really loved the final performance.

Last night we watched ‘Housebound’ which is a NZ horror. I am not normally a fan of horror movies and spend most of the scary parts peeking through my fingers. While looking to see where the movie was filmed I managed to spoil myself with the ending so it meant I knew exactly what was going to happen.


What movies have you seen lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment