Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Exercise (Gym) Mojo or Lack There Of




I feel flat. I have really lost my exercise and/or gym mojo.

Between July 2013 and January 2014 I was nailing my exercise and probably averaging at least 20 x sessions per month. However, somewhere along the line I have lost the edge and am lucky if I manage 10 x sessions per month at the moment. I even backed out of doing the Sketchers 6K (for a number of reasons) which is the first event that I ever did and I have done it every year since it started.

Not doing as much exercise makes me feel really antsy and grumpy and on the eve of the 20thof November I feel a bit lost.

What happened? I think that I got complacent and less adventurous. I also stopped doing the number of walking events and training with other people.

With summer around the corner I want to take this opportunity to add some more exercise into my week/month and also branch out and try some different things and get back to 20+ x sessions a month.

My plan for the next few weeks: 

  • Try Power Hoop
  • Start doing some weights
  • Minimum of 4 x RPM classes a week
  • Walking with hills and stairs



What helps with your exercise mojo? What exercises do you love that you keep going back to time and time again?

4 comments:

  1. Well, my main thing as you know is the dogs - whether I like it or not, if the weather isn't truly horrendous (hi, Wellington spring, I'm looking at you!) we're out there for half an hour at least with the girls.

    Then there's the running ... which I hate ... but I do because I know it's good for me. In theory. Apparently exercising with others can be a motivating factor, and many people enjoy that, but I prefer watching some Craftsy classes and daydreaming about crafty projects while I'm dying on the treadmill. It's one time when I am watching TV but don't feel guilty about sitting in front of a screen rather than being productive.

    Maybe you need to find a new form of exercise that you enjoy - whether that be with a new group or just something totally different that you'll find a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what are you saying....we should get a dog or two? Or we could walk the cats around the neighbourhood! :)

      I could try running......................if someone was chasing me with a chainsaw?

      Yes, I definitely agree re: finding a new form of exercise that I enjoy. I also want something a little more challenging. I have a plan though...just need to implement it. :)

      Delete
  2. Move to Wellington and go hill walking with me ;) Then we can help each other find our mojo.

    Group exercise classes certainly help me to work harder - when I'm on my own I tend to take the easy options!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as you know moving to Wellington is definitely on the cards eventually.

      I could always go hill walking with you when I down :)

      I love group exercise, it's just awesome. I love doing fun/hard stuff with friends. I agree re: taking the easy options sometimes when you're on your own.

      Delete