Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Winter Exercise



Last year vs. this year - Motivation!
My aim for 2014 was to really try and increase the number of times I exercised each month versus 2013.

Suffice to say I have hit a bit of a wall as far as the above aim is concerned.

Historically, I have always gone into hibernation over the winter months and 2013 was the first year that I did not do that and looking back it makes me really happy that I was able to maintain my level of exercise.

I have put a lot of the weight back on that I had managed to lose and while I should not be focused on weight it is still hard because I know that I am quickly slipping back into old habits and I do not want to go backwards. 
About 6-8 weeks ago the gym timetable changed and our RPM classes were really affected. This has thrown me completely and we went from going regularly 4 times each week to 2. This is down from 5-6 per week. I feel quite disappointed and sad and am finding it hard to get back into the rhythm over the cold winter months.

So I thought small changes would be good:

  • 3-4 x RPM per week
  • 1 x Body Attack
  • Re-introduce Body Pump

I would also like to start doing some free weights again and am going to sit down on the weekend and write myself a program. I think I will find it easier doing weights at New Lynn as they have a separate woman’s gym and I know the equipment etc.

I figure if I can do the above for 4 weeks then it will become a habit.

At the same time I am going to make small, sustainable changes with my food like reducing portion sizes, upping fresh seasonal vegetables and cutting right back on takeaways and wine. Also, some meal and snack planning and preparation with Mark.

I need to now start getting back into the habit of getting out of bed when it is dark and cold.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard getting into the habit when things change but its usually well worth it :) BTW a huge difference in the two photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda :) I am still not back into exercise and it's driving me nuts. Yes, I couldn't believe the difference between the two photos. Crazy!!

      Delete